Tuesday 4 March 2014

Burl Ives Australia Folk song " Wild Rover NO more " Song download, lyrics, video


I'Ve Been a wild rover for a number of years
I have spent all me money on whisky and beer
Now I save up me wages, Keep money in store
And  I never shall play the wild rover no more

Chorus
Wild rover, wild rover, wild rover no more
And i never will play the wild rover no more

I went to a pub where I used to resort
I told the landlady me money was short
I asked for to trust me, her answer was nay
Such custom as yours we can get any day

Chorus
So save up your wages, keep your money in store,
Don't you never play the wild rover no More

Put me hand in me pochet so manly and bold,
And down on the table threw a handful of gold.
Here's beer and here's whisky, saying, Bob you're good bloke,
And it's don't you take no notice i was having a joke.

Chorus
Never mind about your wages nor your money in store,
And you can be a wild rover ever more

You can keep all your whisky and your beer likewise too,
For nto anther penny I'm spending with you.
For the money I,ve got mine I'm taking good care
And i Never will play the wild rover no more.

Chorus
Wild rover, wild rover, wild rover no more
And i never will I play the wild rover no more

I will go home to me parents and I will tell what i have done
And ask them to pardon their prodigal son.
And if they will forgive me as they have done before
Oh, It's never will i play the wild rover no more.

Chorus
Wild rover, wild rover, wild rover no more
And i never will I play the wild rover no more

Keywords:
Burl Ives Australian folk song,
Wild rover no more Burl ives songs

No comments:

Post a Comment